“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Making Beauty Products

I decided to make some deodorant and lotions today since it's too cold still to get in the garden. So, off to the store I went to pick up some Coconut Oil. I have found it's cheaper to buy it at the grocery store then ordering it.
Here is the formula:

Coconut Deodorant 
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/4 cup baking soda
5 tbs coconut oil
20 drops tea tree essential oil.

Mix it all together, It is easier if the oil is melted down and then pour into a mold or an empty deodorant container that you can reuse. Let it set and it's ready to use.

Now, it's on to making my favorite lotion. I love the smell of Almond and how it feels on my skin.

Almond Lotion
1 tbsp vitamin E oil
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 oz grated beeswax
1-1/4 cups almond oil
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup water

Instructions: In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt the beeswax with the almond and coconut oil. Let cool. In a separate container, mix the remaining ingredients. Using a whisk or blender, mix these ingredients into the beeswax/almond/coconut mixture. I usually get about two 8 oz. bottles out of this formula.
I hope you enjoy these, I will post more of my favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment